Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Mocking Monologue

The Mocking Monologue

Knocking at my door, O, you persistant,
Will you break it down, O incessant?
Oh! You want to talk, to parlay?
Or just want to incite, fight, and flay?

Who are you, O model of insolence?
Why do you promise me your consolence?
Why do you try to jerk your tears,
While massaging, glorifying, enhancing my fears?

Ah! So you want from me, a vote?
And will it really shore up your sinking boat?
So, you offer me what I dont even need,
and expect me to fall prey to my own greed?

Corrupt you are, greedy no less,
My country, you have made into a glorious mess
And yet, I believe your promises, no matter how hollow
For I am from a herd, my leader I follow.

Yes, for you, my mandate goes every single time,
For, I dont really care a single, single dime.
Intellectuals like me, can only raise a cry and hue
And to run the nation, we only have people like you.

-Shivam'da'

No comments:

Post a Comment