Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The rebel

So, what makes one a rebel? what forces a person to leave his/her routine life and disturb the 'ordinary' lives of others? I try to explore an answer to it. mind it, its not a 'solution'. Its merely an answer to the question I was wondering for some time. This poem might seem accusatory (projection defense mechanism to my psychology friends) but its honest. Its what I believe, and you all have full right to disagree to me. I have not minced any words, nor is there an element of softness. Its poured from the deepest corner of my heart. Enjoy!

Was walking down a street, I,
my path never straighter.
But you pushed me, punched me, kicked me,
And threw me in rebellion's crater.

You bound my spirit, you didnt let me be
You beat me, and beat me,
And made a rebel out of me.

In the ocean of the world,
I was but a mite.
But your seeking to exterminate my will,
made me adapt to a mightier might.

You bound my spirit, you didnt let me be,
you beat me, and beat me,
and made a rebel out of me.

With searing iron of accusation,
me, a threat to peace you brand.
A peace loving, simple man, at your behest,
is now labelled a brigand.

you bound my spirit, you didnt let me be,
you beat me, and beat me,
And made a rebel out of me.
-Shivam

No comments:

Post a Comment