Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2019

Pain

What started with a wince,
and never stopped growing since,
From anger to desolation what does foment,
Mate in the cell of my private hell, my pain, my torment.

What a teacher you've been, O mean,
you gave me the might, sight to see the light,
at the end of the tunnel, funnel enough strength
to fight the fight, to pay Almighty's wicked wite.

Each moment with you, an eternity in Hell
Like a visit from Hades, right at the ring of the bell
You burned me, and roasted, in the kiln you chose
'til I became, in this battle, brute and bellicose.

Eventually, vanquished were you, conquered and crushed,
Into silence, the screams from your attacks were hushed
The triumphant was left scarred, marred by the war
The victor walked again, slain never by the pain.

2 comments:

  1. 'till I became,in this battle,brute and bellicose'
    From alliteration to expression,you are a notch above.

    ReplyDelete